Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Because she called me “Nda..” and that’s the best music to my ears.


Because parenting is not about being parents, it’s about being kid again to accompany your kids

- Anonymous

 
In the next 3 months, Qisya will be 2 years old. How rare my post on this blog pretty much explained how busy my life with this almost 2 y.o baby girl. But my busy life in the past 2 years is completely different with “busy life” I had earlier. This busy life is not merely about papers, phone calls, emails, meetings, but rather busy with smile and laughter. And poo, and pee. And don't forget, tears too. Tears of joy :)

I never imagined my life 4 years ago. A single lady, running with time, competing with traffic, contesting with outlook and S Planner. After hours of works, just arrived home to watch America’s Next Top Model (now still!!!), and eating chips, sardine and instant noodles. And weekend is still busy with meeting up friends and hanging out, hopping from one café to another. Stopping by some spas and salons. Or crawling behind bed cover and wake up late just to call any fast food chain and eating on the bed, watching Castle and CSI marathon.

And 3 years ago, these habits eventually changed (a bit). A warm-hearted husband changed my routines :) he is a husband, I’ve never dated with. Hehe, only 3 months from intro to marriage, we never went for a decent date. So every single day after-marriage was full of small trip, to ace hardware, to Informa (thank God there’s no Ikea yet :)) and Mitra 10, DVD marathons, and snacking time. I started to cook, I started to care with household, I started to clean up myself, and our house. A great credit should be addressed to my hubby, for his patience to guide and build me from a child into a grown up. He is the one to hold my hand and gets me into the iron board, he is the one to softly forced me to watch him do gardening, he taught me that not every ceiling hole needs tukang, he is the one who always reminded me to eat better, encouraged me from hundreds of cooking failure (or disaster!!!) so that we can have a healthier life. He is pretty much my center of gravity. He is the one who caressing me, the most.

Then I got pregnant. The nesting instinct took over and the motherhood arisen. I think this is my turning point. This is the time when I finally realized, I don't live for my own life. There is small tiny creature depending her life on me. Her smile will depend on my smile. Her bright eyes will depend on carrots and tomatoes I ate. Her complete fingers will depend on milk I drank. And I started to love her before I meet her.

The remaining 8 months (yes, Qisya born a month earlier than she supposed to) passed like a sprinter, effing fast and I didn't even realize that a super pretty baby finally came. She was so tiny, calm, and serene. I almost cried whenever I saw her. But she was so strong and so tough. She ate a lot, she moved a lot, she shouted a lot too ;) she is the best baby in the world, I can’t ask for a better one. And I can’t thank God enough to give me her.

Now she already transformed into a little girl. She smiles a lot, she laughs a lot, and still shouted a lot ;) She holds my hand to accompany her looking at the fish pond. She holds my hand and ask to open fridge so that she can sit and feel the breeze. She holds my hand to open the cookie jar and only ate the white cream between Oreos.

Now that she can run, now that she can use her own sandals, now that she can pick her own dress. She’s very busy writing, she’s very busy in exploring bags and cabinets, she’s very busy in shouting to the cat and running away while the cat’s approaching. She’s busy dancing around music from Disney Junior channel. She’s busy playing with compact powder case as if she’s having make up session. And I’d love to accompany her during her super busy schedule.

I promised myself, I will be the best assistant for this little boss.

Why?

Because she called me “Nda..” and that’s the best music to my ears...

No comments:

Post a Comment