Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Cooking: Between Qisya and Masterchef


Having Qisya and watching Masterchef is the killer combination to shape me into a cooker. Cooker? Yes, not chef (yet!!). Hehe…

Qisya’s need of healthy (and delicious food) forced me to cook without MSG (although I would post an eye-opening article saying that actually MSG is helpful for you who wants to reduce the salt level), with minimum interference of sugar and salt; of course without compromising the tastiness. Why? Qisya is actually not a picky eater, she’s just smart enough to choose over a more delicious food :) She likes savory dishes, she loves crunchy texture, she adores little-pennies-inside-jar kind of stuffs, and she worships any cool snacks/beverages just like other thousands kids do. And for the sakes of sensory development (cih!!!) hahaha, I allow her to eat krupuk, eat ice cream, munch tempe goreng, and chew mixed nuts. My job is not to forbid, my job is to ensure that everything she eats are in the healthiest way possible.

Masterchef, on the other hand, undoubtedly has shaped and motivated me that even a plumber, a drummer, a stay-at-home dad, can be a killer cooker. Some things I realized from watching Masterchef for the last 6 seasons are:

1.       The key of good dish is good quality of ingredients

2.       The unforgivable failure is raw meat. Other than that, no failure is really a failure.

3.       The most important thing is seasoning. And seasoning can be as simple as salt and pepper

 

Berbekal itu, I tried to do couple of recipes. Some for Qisya, some for our family. Sometimes I remember to take notes, sometimes I just pour everything into the bowls, sometimes I forget to take picture until it’s already half-eaten. So from today, I will randomly post recipes/ dishes / meal / anything, hopefully it will be valuable for you.

Because I learnt from Qisya, if you want, you can, and you (eventually) will. And I learnt from masterchef, pretty much the same thing. So, I’d try to post any progress I’ve made during my cooking journey. I'd be very happy to share, and be happier if others can learn from my post too! Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment